https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/IMG_0247-scaled.jpeg 1920 2560 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-07-26 10:58:082023-07-26 10:58:08Mexican Layer Dip
Mexican Layer Dip
Been making this awesome dip for over 20 years. Everyone LOVES it! Sometimes, we like to make it our dinner or evening meal.
- 2 14 oz cans of Fat Free Refried Beans (3 cups) Or you can use whole pinto beans, rinsed and drained!
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, minced more or less to your taste - can omit
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning or ground cumin or other Mexican blend of seasonings
- 3 cups Salsa of choice (24 oz. jar)
- 2 cups Guacamole (more or less) Store bought or homemade
- 1 cup Sour Cream of choice (8 oz.) Vegan or Dairy-Free optional. We like Kite Hill brand
- 1 medium Carrot, hand grated or through the food processor
- 1/4 cup Black Olives, sliced (more or less to your desire)
- 8 Grape Tomatoes, diced (or dice a regular tomato) slice a couple times to make small bite size pieces
- 2 Green Onions, sliced red onion could also be used
- 8 Pickled Jalepenos, sliced you'll find these in a jar in the Mexican section. Buy MILD if you are spice sensitive also may use diced banana peppers as an alternative
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir the refried beans, cilantro and seasonings and place that layer in the bottom of a pie plate, dish or serving platter (you might use 2 as this will make TWO pie plates)
- Spread on a layer of Guacamole, then Salsa, then sour cream -dividing between the 2 pie plates or platters
- Sprinkle on carrots, green onions, black olives, tomatoes and pickled jalepenos
- Serve with corn chips and enjoy!