https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/IMG_2235.jpg 2049 1537 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-11-06 14:11:522023-11-06 16:36:50Tofu Walnut Balls
Tofu Walnut Balls
Our Dear Friend LuAnn Bermeo came up with these versatile, freezable, delicious savory balls. Works well in all things you would have used meatballs for.
- Food Processor
- 4 slices whole grain quality bread enough to make 2 cups of soft breadcrumbs (we recommend Ezekiel brand)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten flour (not regular flour)
- 2 Tbsp dry minced onions found in the seasoning section (aka onion flakes)
- 1 16 oz tofu, firm or extra firm water packed and usually in the produce (refrigerated) section
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce or bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chicken-style or Beef-like seasoning read ingredients and look for a clean blend or make your own
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast aka. nooch
- 1 tsp ground sage powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Place 4 slices bread into a food processor and process until soft crumbs form.
- Measure 2 cups bread crumbs into a large bowl and freeze and label any remaining crumbs.
- Process walnuts and oats until finely chopped and add to the bread crumbs in the bowl.
- Now add the vital wheat gluten and minced onions to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and mix well to combine, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour seasoned tofu mixture into the large bowl and stir well. Form into small balls (we use a 1 inch baller, optional) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.