https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/IMG_3272-scaled.jpeg 2560 1920 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2024-01-08 11:20:112024-01-17 16:49:41Baked Tofu Slices
Baked Tofu Slices
These are a MUST HAVE in your fridge for sandwiches and quick snacking. Jill's husband Greg calls them 'fish sticks' and the possibilities are vast to utilize these on your WFPB journey.
- 1 Baking pan
- 1 Firm or Extra Firm Water-Packed Organic Tofu find in the refrigerated section of most grocers
- 1/4 cup Tamari, soy sauce or Bragg's - OPTIONAL your preference or just add some salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast found in most grocers by the bob's red mill flours
- 2 Tbsp Chick-it Seasoning*(see in recipes) or poultry seasoning blend or Un-chicken blend of choice You don't need the soy sauce if your seasoning blend already has salt. You decide.
- Drain the tofu well and cut into slices about 1/4" thick
- set out 1 or 2 plates or shallow bowls and add tamari (optional see notes) in one and seasonings in the other
- dredge each side of each tofu slice into the wet (if using) and then the dry seasonings
- place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depending on the amount of water in the tofu and your desired result). Longer cooking time can produce some crispy edges.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 7 days
You don't need the soy sauce if your seasoning blend already has salt. You decide. We LOVE our own Chick-it Seasoning recipe and you can find that in our recipe collection. It has enough sodium and flavor so coating the slices in a mix of nooch and chick-it, will be your new GO-TO!