https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Vietnamese-Supper-Salad-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-07-10 13:30:002023-07-10 13:38:09Vietnamese Supper Salad
Vietnamese Supper Salad
Let your machine do the work. Use your food processor grate, slice and pulse the veggies and make the dressing. No need to clean out your blades or food processor between steps, as it is all going in the same salad. We brought this to a big outdoor concert event and received tons of great comments and requests for the recipe!
- 1 Food Processor With variable blades
- 1 14oz pkg Rice Noodles of choice Break in half before cooking (optional)
- 1 Lg Sweet Potato Cubed
- 2 Cup Shelled Edamame (not in pods) or Peas
- 1 7oz pkg Baked Teriyaki Tofu or use Tofu of choice
- 2 Large carrots, peeled
- 1 Long seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into 4 large pieces Remove insides/seeds
- 4 Green Onions Trim off the roots, use the rest
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint
Dressing for Salad
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (ingredients should be just peanuts and optional salt)
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Tamari (for gluten-free) or Soy Sauce or Bragg's Amino
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- In a large pot, boil about 6 cups of water then add cubed sweet potatoes. Boil for about 20 minutes, until just fork-tender. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon (do not dump out cooking water yet) and rinse cubes in a colander with cold water. Once cooled, add to a very large bowl.
- Bring same cooking water back to boil then add noodles and cook according to package. If using frozen peas or edamame, add them to the boiling noodles during last minute or two of cooking to thaw. When done, drain all in a colander and rinse well with cold water. Once cooled, add to the very large bowl with potatoes.
- Using the grating blade on your food processor, process carrots through the chute. Dump grated carrots into the very large bowl of potatoes/noodles.
- Change the blade on your food processor to the slicing blade, then process red peppers through the chute. Dump sliced peppers into the very large bowl of previous ingredients.
- Slice green onions in little rounds, using green parts as well. Add to very large bowl of previous ingredients.
- Cut tofu into small bite-sized chunks and add to large bowl of previous ingredients.
- Change food processor to the S-blade. Add all fresh herbs to food processor bowl, cover and pulse to mince. Add minced herbs to the large bowl of previous ingredients.
- Place all dressing ingredients to food processor and process well to blend, scraping down sides as needed. Add dressing to large bowl of previous ingredients and mix well. Then serve.