https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/IMG_0224-scaled.jpeg 1920 2560 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-07-15 10:08:192023-07-15 10:08:19Jill’s Secret Spread and Dip
Jill's 'Secret' Spread and Dip
My neighbor assumed this was an avocado based dip because of the color and rich flavors. A fun combination of pesto and hummus, this dip tastes decadently cheesy without the dairy or fat!
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans aka. chick peas, drained SAVE the cooking liquid - aka. Aquafaba
- 1 whole lemon, zested then juiced lemons yield various amounts of juice so set some aside and use your judgement to add later as you adjust seasoning at the end
- 1/2 cup fresh basil packed down to measure
- 3 cloves garlic papery skins removed & ready to drop in machine
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast aka. Nooch
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Aquafaba the cooking liquid from the beans
- 1/2 tsp salt more or less - to taste - optional
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper of choice more or less - to taste - optional
- Using the S blade on a food processor, run the machine and drop the 3 peeled whole garlic cloves into the chute
- Add drained beans, basil, lemon zest, nooch, tahini, aquafaba and 1/2 of the lemon juice (reserve some to add more at the end as you like)
- Let machine run for several minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add more aquafaba if desired. Blend until very creamy, adjust seasonings and serve as desired.