https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/IMG_1046-scaled.jpeg 2560 1920 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-09-12 09:20:422023-09-12 09:26:47Salsa Verde
If you haven't made this easy and delicious salsa yet, step outside your comfort zone and we promise - you will be proud of yourself just like we were, ha! You can find Tomatillos in many Hispanic or major grocery stores.
- 1 Food Processor or Blender
- 2 lbs. Tomatillos, papery husks removed, rinsed and halved about 16-20 medium Tomatillos
- 1 large Onion, skin removed and quartered any type of onion you have or like (use 2 if small)
- 4 cloves Garlic, cut close to the root end but leave the skins on you will remove the skin after baking
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, rinsed and big stems removed
- Line a large baking pan with parchment and set oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare Tomatillos by slipping the skins off, rinsing and slicing in half, place on baking sheet
- Cut onion and place on baking sheet
- Slice large tip off the garlic cloves, leaving skins on and place on baking sheet
- Bake veggies in oven for 25 minutes or until light browning occurs
- Carefully remove garlic from skins, discard skins. Add all baked veggies to a food processor or blender
- Add lime juice, cilantro and salt/pepper to taste and pulse/blend to chunky or smooth. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze.