https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/IMG_9961-scaled.jpeg 1920 2560 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-07-11 13:27:432023-07-14 15:54:14Beets with Ricotta ‘Cheese’ Bowl
Beet and Ricotta 'Cheese' Bowls
Beet lovers will appreciate making beets the star of the meal in this fun and healthy bowl!
- Instant Pot optional
- 4 beets, cooked and sliced
- 2 slices sourdough bread of choice, toasted and cubed
- 2 cups microgreens, or sprouts, or lettuce or greens of choice
- 2 whole green onions, trimmed and sliced use green parts
- 2 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 6 small scoops purchased Vegan Ricotta see our recipe for 'Easy Ricotta Cheese'
- If using an instant pot to cook beets: cut off the beet greens, rinse, add enough water to come up 3/4 way up a beet, close lid and toggle to sealing, set manual time to 28 minutes. Use manual or natural steam release to open lid, let cool before easily removing skins.
- Use 2 wide soup bowls to layer the cooked beets around in a pretty fashion, along with the toasted bread cubes, greens and scoop ricotta into the center.
- Sprinkle on the green onions, Salt and Pepper to taste and drizzle the aged balsamic. Serve and Enjoy.