https://www.plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/IMG_3311-scaled.jpeg 1920 2560 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2023-11-27 15:26:012023-11-29 14:05:15Creamy Dijon Dressing
Creamy Dijon Dressing
Here at Plant Life Journey, we like to find alternatives greasy, fatty oils in our dressings. Did you know that all oils are highly processed and that oil is 400 times more calorically dense than fruits and veggies?? This recipe yields a rich, creamy, texture with all the flavor just waiting to dip or coat your salad and/or veggies in.
- 1 High Powered Blender
- 1 cup pre-cooked, cooled or cold brown rice see notes
- 1 cup plant milk of choice look for clean plant milks without fillers and additives
- 1 Tbsp nooch (aka. nutritional yeast)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Medjool date please remember to remove the pit 🙂
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning we used Spice Islands brand- see notes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all the ingredients except the water, into a small to medium pot on the stove.
- Turn the heat on and up to medium high. Stir the mixture often until it just starts to bubble. Turn the heat down and continue to cook and stir for about 5 minutes to ensure the rice has plumped back from it's potentially dried and cooled state.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water to your desired level of consistency. This dressing can be thinned with a little more or less water as desired.
Over the years we've discovered things like making "fried rice" is best using cooled rice and as such, trying to make this recipe with just cooked, hot rice - may lead to a gummy, sticky outcome. Just a guess, but if you try and it turns out, please let us know in the comments section. The Spice Island Poultry Seasoning has listed: sage, coriander, marjoram, allspice, celery seed and blk. pepper You may omit if you don't have it a poultry seasoning blend or try adding a tiny bit of sage, etc. May also add the whole medjool date if you want the end dressing a little sweeter